Music Education Studies, Non-Certification
Degrees Offered: EdM
Certification Options: This program does not lead to New York State teacher certification.
Why study music education at UB?
- Individual attention in small classes at a major research university.
- Quality experience at an affordable price.
- Flexibility - attend to coursework wherever there is a computer and access to the internet.
Graduates from our programs influence the field as:
- Teachers in school music programs
- Guest conductors and composers
- Leaders in international & regional music organizations
- Professors at colleges and universities internationally
- Researchers and authors
- Professional development consultants
- Expert contributors to policy and practice relative to Core Arts Standards and assessments
The University at Buffalo Graduate School of Education offers several music education programs that can be completed online, on-campus, or in a blended format. Regardless of which course of study you choose, we'll make you part of the process, put you in touch with music education's future, and be on your side after you graduate.
Music Education Links
- UB Summer Music Education Institute — Enhance your musicianship and pedagogy skills this summer. We have a variety of offerings for teachers, professionals, and graduate students.
- MusicPlay — Ongoing classes for Infants and toddlers at UB's Fisher-Price Endowed Early Childhood Research Center and the Community based program in collaboration with Villa Maria College.
- Gordon Institute of Music Learning (GIML)
- New York Chapter of GIML
- MENC: The National Association for Music Education
- The New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA)©
- New York State Education Department (NYSED)
… for continuing development of experienced professionals,
… for research and development of the music education profession.