Individuals not formally accepted into the MLS or the Advanced Studies Certificate Program, but taking coursework at LIS, may be admitted as Non-Degree Students.
- This status is used by individuals with a bachelor's degree as well as professional librarians holding an MLS degree.
- Normally, one or two courses per semester are the maximum taken under this status.
- If a Non-Degree Student is later admitted into the MLS degree program, a maximum of 6 credit hours of non-matriculating courses may be transferred.
- While first priority for class enrollment is given to matriculating students, second priority is given to MLS holders updating their professional competencies.
- A new online Non-Degree Student application form must be completed each semester.
For more information about applying for non-matriculating courses, contact the Department of Library & Information Studies:
Department of Library & Information Studies
Graduate School of Education
University at Buffalo
534 Baldy Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
Telephone: (716) 645-2412
Fax: (716) 645-3775