Why Choose UB?
- Online and On Campus Options that suit the diverse needs and schedules of all students. Earn your MS in Information and Library Science fully online, on our UB North Campus or even a combination of the two!
- Student-Centered Learning Experiences : The program is very student-centered. Students are assigned a faculty advisor who provides guidance on course selection and facilitates connections to supports when needed. Student groups and chapter activities, departmental seminars, and opportunities to serve on committees enrich learning and networking. And funding is available to attend conferences!
- Your Timeline can be personalized to suit your life. Students can opt to attend full-time (12 credit hours) or part-time, and have 5 years to complete the degree.
- Evening Classes to suit students with busy schedules. Real time courses are primarily taught between 4 p.m.–9:40 p.m.
- Real World Experience is encouraged through Practica (LIS 526) and Special Projects (LIS 527) and Directed Study (LIS 598) opportunities!
- Specialized Degree Program Options including Music Librarianship, and Law Librarianship, and the MS in School Librarianship are available to students and can enhance your career opportunities.
- Accreditation makes your degree valuable. The UB MS in Information and Library Science program is accredited by the American Library Association. See the American Library Association (ALA) accreditation process.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid are available. The LIS Department, the Graduate School of Education, and the University offer a wide range of financial assistance opportunities, as does the State of New York and the U.S. Federal Government. For detailed information please see the UB LIS Scholarships and Fellowships page.
- Affordable, High Quality Education defines the University at Buffalo's MS in Information and Library Science program.
- A Culturally Rich Area in which to live and work makes Buffalo a great place to be.
New! UB MS in Information and Library Science Graduates speak about their programs and careers!