FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the deadline for registration?

Admission for courses will be on a rolling basis until August 21 (one week before the start of class). Students will have until Tuesday, September 5, 2017* to add or drop a course without financial liability. If you have additional questions please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions, Graduate School of Education at (716) 645-2110.

*Date subject to change.

Can I get a paper application sent to me?

No, we only accept online applications. The application is available here.

Is there an application fee?

There is a $35 application fee for all non-matric applications. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.

I am a UB employee. Will UUP cover the cost?

Please visit UB's Human Resource website to learn more about this. If you are eligible for UUP support and are interested in one of the courses and would like to know the registration number for the course, please call (716) 645-2110 and speak with Baylee Richards.

Do you require any supporting documents?

No. We only require a completed application and paid application fee. If approved to take a CCPE course you must follow the CCPE roadmap.

How do I apply for the one-credit hour scholarship?

Filling out your online application for your desired course also serves as your application for the one-credit hour scholarship. You will be notified of scholarship acceptance once the application is completed, the $35 application fee is paid, and you have returned the signed scholarship form.

Can I take two CCPE courses?

Yes. However, please be advised that if you are granted a scholarship, it will only cover the half the cost of tuition and fees for one 1 credit hour course at the in-state tuition level, on a first-come-first-served basis. If you take more than one CCPE course, you will pay the tuition and fees for that course in its entirety (In-state rate for NYS residents, out-of-state for non-NYS residents).

When will I find out if I have been accepted?

Confirmation of your application and scholarship information will be emailed to you as soon as possible, typically within three business days.

How do I register for my course?

Registration will be done for you by the GSE Office of Admissions. In order to be registered, you will need to return a completed and signed scholarship form to Baylee Richards at bayleeri@buffalo.edu.

What is MyUB?

At UB, we know that keeping track of university deadlines, administrative offices, and course schedules can be frustrating. That's why we created MyUB, a one-stop online destination for all things UB. Best of all, we cut down on clutter by custom-tailoring much of the information to fit your needs. Stay in the loop—if it's important to your UB life, it's at MyUB.

What is the cost of the one credit hour course?

Students registering for courses on a part-time status will be billed by the credit hour. Please view the CCPE Tuition and Costs page for details and helpful links.

Is the $35 dollar application fee refundable?

Please note that when a class is cancelled due to low enrollment or if a course is at capacity and is closed, we will make every effort to place you in an alternate course. If there is no other course you would be interested in taking, the application fee that you paid will not be refunded.

Am I financially liable for courses I drop or resign?

SUNY Policy states "When you register, you assume responsibility for paying all tuition and fees associated with your registration. You must pay even if you did not attend a single class unless you have dropped or resigned your courses according to the published deadlines."

The last day to drop a course without financial liability is Tuesday, September 5, 2017.*

*Date subject to change.

How do I get to the University at Buffalo?

Typically, classes - if not offered online or off campus - will most likely meet on the North Campus. Please view directions to UB North Campus.

Is a parking permit required?

Student parking is by permit only, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. Student permits are not valid in Faculty/Staff lots or paid lots. If your course is offered after 3 pm or not offered on campus, you may not need a parking permit.  However, should you wish to have a parking permit, you are required to register motor vehicles annually with the Office of Parking and Transportation Services Online registration is available through MyUB.

My class is over. How and when do I receive my grade?

Grades assigned will be either be a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory. You may log into MyUB to view your grade. Grades are typically posted a few weeks after the end of the semester.

How do I request my transcript?

Please note transcripts are not issued automatically by the University. You may request your transcript through the Office of the Registrar by filling out their request form and faxing it to them at (716) 645-7762. This form can only be used by students whose last semester of attendance was Fall 2010 or earlier. If you were enrolled during the Spring 2011 semester or later, you must request your transcript via your HUB Student Center at http://myub.buffalo.edu.

Will I receive proof of completion?

No, however you can use a copy of your transcripts which will show your course and the grade you received.

What other programs are offered by the Graduate School of Education?

The Graduate School of Education offers an extensive array of advanced certificates, master's and doctoral programs, preparing graduates for a variety of careers in teaching, counseling, and administration, including schools, colleges, and universities. These programs are offered through four departments:

Programs offered in each department are listed on the GSE programs page.

Who do I contact if I have questions?

We welcome any questions you might have. Questions may be directed to:

Baylee Richards
Recruitment & Marketing Coordinator
Office of Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Email: bayleeri@buffalo.edu
Phone: (716) 645-2110