NYSED Dignity Act Training
Harassment, Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Discrimination in Schools:
Prevention and Intervention
About the Training
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Dignity for All Students Act requires that all students applying for certification as of December 31, 2013, have 6 hours of coursework or training on the social patterns of harassment, bullying, and discrimination. As mandated by NYSED, this training consists of a 3-hour online portion and a 3-hour face-to-face portion.
Through SUNY Buffalo, the Alberti Center for Bullying Abuse Prevention is an approved provider of this training.
Steps to complete this training through the Alberti Center:
- Click on the "Register Now" button at the bottom of this page to register and pay for the training.
- Complete the 3-hour online training session at least 24 hours before the face-to-face session. See instructions to access online training.
- Complete the 3-hour face-to-face training session on the date selected during registration.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the face-to-face training session (for UB students, the completion of this training will be listed on the official transcript).
Please be sure to review the Frequently Asked Questions below for other important information.
Upcoming Training Sessions
- Saturday, April 8 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, April 8 from 1 to 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6 from 1 to 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday, June 10 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, June 10 from 1 to 4:15 p.m.
- Monday, July 17 from 4 to 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 4 to 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 from 1 to 4:15 p.m.
Registration for each face-to-face training session will close at least one week in advance or when the course capacity has been reached.
Please note that any changes to your face-to-face training session date must be completed at least 2 weeks in advance and are subject to the availability of open seats. Complete cancellations must also be received at least 2 weeks in advance of the face-to-face training and before the online training has been accessed to be eligible for a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Contact the Alberti Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-1532.