- Online Education
- Learner Readiness
- Learner Success
- Knowledge Gap
Christine is an Assistant Dean and Assistant Teaching Faculty in the Graduate School of Education (GSE). She also has an affiliation as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo.
Christine currently provides leadership in the area of Online Education for GSE and has worked in online learning for nearly 18 years. Throughout her career, Christine has overseen the successful development of fully online programs and long term projects designed to share and deliver content within national and international forums. Christine co-authored a chapter in the book Cases on Building Quality Distance Delivery Programs: Strategies and Experiences (2010) and is currently serving as a co-PI on a SUNY Innovative Instruction in Technology grant: Learner Preparedness Survey.
Christine registered an Advanced Graduate Certificate program in Online Education with SUNY and the New York State Education Department. Christine serves as program director to the fully online program which launched in the Summer 2014 semester. She teaches a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses within the Communication and Education fields.
Member of student preparedness research team with Melissa Miszkiewicz (SUNY College at Buffalo) and Kelly Marczynski (SUNY College at Buffalo). Current recipient of SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grant for the project titled: Development & Validation of SUNY Prep: Learner Preparedness Survey. Our project goal is to develop and validate an instrument designed to predict student success based on individual learner characteristics and the learner's level of engagement with information and communication technology (ICT).
- PhD, Communication, University at Buffalo, 2003
- MS, Student Personnel Administration, Buffalo State College, 1997
- BS, Sociology, Buffalo State College, 1996
Creative Education Foundation, Creative Problem Solving Institute:
- Certificate, Co-Creation By Desing, How to Facilitate Design Thinking
- Certrificate, Polarity Management
- Certificate, Coaching
- Certificate, Accessible Information Technology, University of Southern Maine
- Certificate, Distance Learning Administration, Texas A & M University
- Certificate, PBS TeacherLine Online Facilitator
- Certificate, Human Relations and Public Speaking, Dale Carnegie